Assigned games on Quizizz are ideal for distance learning because:
- Students can play active assigned games at any time
- They can play the same quiz multiple times
- Students can resume an incomplete game from any device
Here's how you can assign a homework quiz on Quizizz:
Create a quiz or search for one from our library. We have millions of teacher-created quizzes on a variety of topics on Quizizz.
- Click on 'Assign HW' to assign a quiz to your students in your class.
- Add a deadline by when students need to complete the quiz. Your assigned game can have a deadline that is at most a month in the future. However, you can edit a deadline as often and as many times as you'd like. Students can join and play an assigned homework game at any time as long as it has a valid deadline.
- Once you've entered the deadline go ahead and host your game. Clicking on 'Host Game' will take you to a page with the game link that you need to share with your students in your class so they can play the game on their own device.
- There are a number of ways to share the link. You can either share it via your preferred LMS or just copy the link and share it with your students.
- Students joining the game via the link or the LMS can opt for the settings they'd like to include in the game.
- Students can access and play an assigned game at any time, as long as it has a valid deadline. Students can also attempt the same assigned quiz multiple times. The scores for each attempt are captured under the quiz report.
- That's all you need to know to get started! You can also see the progress of students as they answer questions on the live dashboard. Access the game's report in the My Reports section. Both live and assigned games are available under reports.