Live games on Quizizz are a great way to learn together, whether your students are in the classroom or at home.
Live games are great for distance learning because:
- Students see the questions and the leaderboard on their own device
- Students can join from any device — mobile, app, or desktop
- You can do it with or without a conferencing tool
Here’s how you can host a live game for your students no matter where they are:
1. Create a quiz or search for one from our library. We have millions of teacher-created quizzes on a variety of topics on Quizizz.
2. Once you’ve selected a quiz, click on ‘Play Live’ to host the game.
3. Select the game mode you’d like to host — classic, team, or test. You can also browse through the general and advanced settings to customize your game.
4. After you click “Host Game”, click on “or share via” to get a link that already has the game code built in.
5. Students can also join by going to joinmyquiz.com and entering the game code. The game code is always a 6-digit number.
6. Click on ‘Start Game’ to get started. You need at least one player to start a live game.
P.S.: While a conferencing tool is not necessary to host a live game, using a conferencing tool like Google Hangouts or Zoom to share your screen allows everyone to see the leaderboard. It also lets you review questions as a group making it a lot more fun. Like this.