There are two available modes on Quizizz — you can either choose to Play Live or Assign HW. Teachers can host quizzes using either one of these modes and students in your class can join the quiz from any device, including laptops, tablets or mobile phones.
Follow these steps to host a quiz on Quizizz:
- Search for a quiz in our library. You can find millions of quizzes on a variety of topics on Quizizz. You can also create your own quiz.
- Once you're on the quiz page, click the "Play Live" or "Assign HW" buttons, depending on what you'd like to host.
- You can adjust the settings and customize your quiz on the Game Settings page.
Playing a Live Game:
- Irrespective of whether you're playing a live game or assigning one, you will need to host the game in order to get a code and start the game. While opting to play live, click on Host Game to get a 6 digit game code on the screen. Share this code with your students in your class so they can join the game.
- Students can join by going to joinmyquiz.com and entering the game code and their name.
- A Live Game requires you to click "Start Game" to begin the game. You need at least 1 player is to start a Live Game.
- You don't need to wait until everyone has joined to start a game, and players can join even after the game has started.
Assigning a game on Quizizz:
- Quizizz also lets you assign quizzes with a specific deadline on the tool. Click on 'Assign HW' to assign a quiz to your students in your class.
- Add a deadline by when students need to complete the quiz. Your assigned game can have a deadline that is at most a month in the future. However, you can edit a deadline as often and as many times as you'd like. Students can join and play an assigned homework game at any time as long as it has a valid deadline.
- Once you've entered the deadline go ahead and host your game. Clicking on 'Host Game' will take you to a page with the game link that you need to share with your students in your class so they can play the game on their own device.
- There are a number of ways to share the link. You can either share it via your preferred LMS or just copy the link and share it with your students.
- Students joining the game via the link or the LMS can opt for the settings they'd like to include in the game.
- Students can access and play an assigned game at any time, as long as it has a valid deadline. Students can also attempt the same assigned quiz multiple times. The scores for each attempt are captured under the quiz report.
- That's all you need to know to get started! You can also see the progress of students as they answer questions on the live dashboard. Access the game's report in the My Reports section. Both live and assigned games are available under reports.
You may also want to know:
- You can stop the game any time by pressing the End Game button. This will end the quiz, and generate a report with the current data. Note: This will end the game for any players still in progress.
- Clicking on Save Data at the end of a quiz lets you download a detailed excel report. You can also do it from the My Reports tab where all your reports are stored.