Live games on Quizizz are a great way to learn together, whether your students are in the classroom or at home. Live games are great for distance learning because:
- Students see the questions and the leaderboard on their own device
- Students can join from any device — mobile, app, or desktop
- You can do it with or without a conferencing tool
Follow these steps to host a quiz on Quizizz:
- Search for a quiz in your library or you can find millions of quizzes on a variety of topics on Quizizz.
- Once you're on the quiz page, click the Start a live quiz button.
- Select the type of live game mode, classic or instructor paced.
Classic - Select this to conduct a live student paced game using team, classic or test mode
Instructor paced - A beta feature allows the host to control the pace of the game and everyone answers the same question together.
- Irrespective of whether you're conducting a student paced or an instructor pacced game, you will need to host the game in order to get a code and start the game. While opting to play live, click on Continue to get a game code on the screen. Share this code with your students in your class so they can join the game.
- Students can join by going to joinmyquiz.com and entering the game code and their name.
- A Live Game requires you to click "Start Game" to begin the game. You need at least 1 player is to start a Live Game.
- You don't need to wait until everyone has joined to start a game, and players can join even after the game has started.
- You cannot assign an instructor paced game via classes. You can choose to enable music for participants through the advanced settings right before hosting the game.