There are two available modes on Quizizz — Live or Homework. Teachers can host quizzes using either one of these modes and students can join the quiz from any device, including laptops, tablets or mobile phones.
Follow these steps to host a quiz on Quizizz:
- Search for a quiz in our library. You can find millions of quizzes on a variety of topics on Quizizz. You can also create your own quiz.
- Once you're on the quiz page, click the "Live Game" or "Homework" buttons, depending on what you'd like to host.
- You can adjust the settings and customize your quiz on the Game Settings page.
- Click on Host Game to start the game. You will see a 6 digit game code on the screen. Share it with your students so they can join the game.
- Students can join by going to joinmyquiz.com and entering the game code and their name.
- A Live Game requires you to click "Start Game" to begin the game. You need at least 1 player is to start a Live Game.
- You don't need to wait until everyone has joined to start a game, and players can join even after the game has started.
- You can also assign quizzes with a specific deadline using the homework mode. Students can join and play a homework game at any time as long as it has a valid deadline. All homework games carry a deadline and students will be unable to join the quiz after the deadline expires.
- That's all you need to know to get started! You can also see the progress of students as they answer questions on the live dashboard. Access the game's report in the My Reports section. Both live and homework games are available under reports.
You may also want to know:
- You can stop the game any time by pressing the End Game button. This will end the quiz, and generate a report with the current data. Note: This will end the game for any players still in progress.
- Clicking on Save Data at the end of a quiz lets you download a detailed excel report. You can also do it from the My Reports tab where all your reports are stored.